The EDRP certification is aimed at educating and validating a candidate’s ability to plan, strategize, implement, and maintain a business continuity and disaster recovery plan.
From 9/11 to Hurricane Katrina to the recent WannaCry fiasco, the business community has been hit over and over again by one disaster after another in the past decade and a half. The scary part is that the frequency is increasing exponentially in the past few years, thanks to the growing number of cyber-attacks.
Even scarier is the study that shows that 2 out of 5 business still do not even have a BC/DR plan. And out of the ones that do, only about half of them even test it regularly to see if it is still relevant. Furthermore, industry experts have reiterated the fact in every forum possible, that the size of the business is irrelevant to having a BC/DR plan. Everyone needs to have one to stay relevant in current times.
This scenario can only be amended by trained BC/DR professionals who not only understand the gravity of the situation, but also are equipped to ensure that businesses are least impacted when a disaster strikes.
EDRP provides the professionals with a strong understanding of business continuity and disaster recovery principles, including conducting business impact analysis, assessing of risks, developing policies and procedures, and implementing a plan. It also teaches professionals how to secure data by putting policies and procedures in place, and how to recover and restore their organization’s critical data in the aftermath of a disaster.
What Is New in This Version?
- This version has a completely updated and redesigned curriculum which approaches the BC/DR domain covering the latest industry gaps, concepts, best practices, trends, and technologies.
- EDRPv3 combines BC and DR into a single fluent approach which allows enterprises to gain a holistic view of their requirements.
- It provides focus to BC/DR in an IT environment, as compared to the previous version of EDRP which dealt with generic disaster recovery.
- A completely new set of labs are developed to enable attendees to gain critical experience and skills in BC/DR.
- The program is designed to provide much needed step-by-step guidance to attendees and then tests their knowledge through case studies.
- EDRPv3 addresses gaps in other BC/DR programs by providing helpful templates that are applied to BC/DR efforts in an enterprise.
- The courseware comes complete with reports and white papers sourced from some of the top practitioners of the BC/DR industry.
- Compliant to the United States National Initiative for Cyber Education
- Program framework and instructional approach are carefully architectured to follow a four-stage BCDR methodology, as practiced by the industry.
- Module 01: Introduction to Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
- Module 02: Business Continuity Management (BCM)
- Module 03: Risk Assessment
- Module 04: Business Impact Analysis (BIA)
- Module 05: Business Continuity Planning (BCP)
- Module 06: Data Backup Strategies
- Module 07: Data Recovery Strategies
- Module 08: Virtualization-Based Disaster Recovery
- Module 09: System Recovery
- Module 10: Centralized and Decentralized System Recovery
- Module 11: Disaster Recovery Planning Process
- Module 12: BCP Testing, Maintenance, and Training
- EC-COUNCIL DISASTER RECOVERY PROFESSIONAL V3